Apprenticeship in Child Care - Level 2
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings covering the age range of 0 -19 years, for example in the roles of : Care-Worker, Child-Minder, Nursery Nurse or Youth and Community Worker.
What Are The Entry Requirements?
You need to be working in an appropriate job role. You will also need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
What Does The Course Comprise?
As part of your Apprenticeship you will study:·
- Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Level
- Functional Skills in Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills in English Level 1
- Functional Skills ICT level 1
You will also study a range of units relating to Children and Young People, including:
- Communication in children and young peoples settings
- Equality and inclusion in children and young peoples settings
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
- Health and safety of children and young people
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Supporting positive relationships
- Maintaining positive Relationships
How Long Will The Course Take To Achieve?
Your assessor will plan the time-scales for completing the units with you, based on your own personal targets and your choice of units. However, you will be expected to complete this qualification in a maximum of 12 months.
How Will I Be Assessed?
You will be allocated an assessor who will support and guide you through the qualification. They will meet with you regularly in the workplace to help you generate the evidence. The assessor will make the judgements about the suitability of your evidence and provide feedback on your progress towards the qualification. The assessor will also arrange to make work place observations, which are a requirement of the qualification.
What Support Is Available?
Full support will be given, including one to one sessions or workshops with the assessor where appropriate and contact with the assessor by e-mail or telephone. In addition, e-learning on-line portfolio building facilities are available.
How to Apply
To find out more about this Apprenticeship speak to an advisor today on 01273 669 455 or email us at email@example.com